Our Residential Locksmith Services:
- Master Key System Problems Solutions.
- Emergency Lockout Services.
- High Security Locks Sales & Installation.
- Garage Door Opening & Repair.
- New Lock Installation.
- Broken Key Extraction.
- Intercom Systems Installation.
- Decorative Locks Installation.
- Bump Proof Locks Available.
- Home Safe Installation.
- Bump Proof Locks Available
- Sliding Door Locks Installation
- Digital Lock Repair.
- Re-Key Locks.
- Safes Opened.
- Doorbell installation.
- Burglary Repair
- Mail Box Keys & Locks.
If your home is not secured or if you’re looking to add some extra security to your home, with Reno Locksmith 775 fast and reliable residential locksmith services, you will get the chance of installing the latest and most potent lock systems at a price you feel reasonable to purchase.
Our residential locksmith services can vary from simple problems to very complex problems solutions. Although most locksmith service companies are able to provide you with a solution to simple lock issues, they will not be able to give you solutions to serious security problems. With our highly trained professional locksmiths, we will make sure that you get the best results to your security problems at an affordable rates.
Our continuously updated and well-trained technicians have your interests at heart and are ready to be at your service day and night. Be our next customer to enjoy the professional locksmith services and best prices thousands have already received.
We know emergencies can occur at any time. That is why our emergency locksmith services in Reno NV will insure you the quickest response time, the best price and 100% satisfaction.
Damaged Lock Repair
If My Lock is Broken, Should I Attempt to Repair It or Replace It?
The answer to this question is different every time and our Locksmith 775 technician will not be able to give you an answer until they have assessed the damage to the lock. In most cases, a broken lock can be repaired, but in some cases, they cannot be. Our locksmith team has seen many broken locks, and we have repaired the majority of them with our expert lock repair services. If the lock is broken beyond repair, then the Locksmith 775 technician will advise you on the recommended course of action and will help you choose the correct replacement lock for your residence.
When Is It Time to Repair My Lock?
When your lock is no longer functional and you believe it is no longer a safe and secure means of protecting your property, then it is undeniably time to repair it. It is simple to spot when your lock is no longer working the same way because you use it every day. Some locks will need repair because they were exposed a lot of external elements (weather, temperature, water,etc.), while others will be in need of repair purely because they have become degraded over extended periods of continuous use. Some of these aged locks move haltingly or offer up a lot more obstruction than they normally would. This is a great sign to a homeowner that they are in need of some lock repair.
How Much Time Will It Take a Reno Locksmith to Repair My Lock?
It will probably take our expert locksmiths between 20 to 30 minutes to repair your home lock. However, that time frame changes based on the fact that every lock repair is different from the next, and there is no definitive way to say the duration of the service without knowing just how much the lock has been damaged. It could be an easy fix like readjusting the strike plate or it could be something more complicated that involves modifying an interior part of the lock. No matter the issue, our Reno Locksmiths are ready and able to help you out. If the lock is beyond repair, they will offer you the essential advice and service you by replacing the lock.
What Do I Do If My Key no Longer Turns In the Lock?
If your key is no longer rotating in the lock, then that is a serious indicator that your lock is in need of repair. Before you contact the experts at Reno Locksmith 775, you need to attempt lubricating the keyway and try using the lock again. If there is no improvement, then it is a warning of feasible lock malfunction. You might not have to replace the lock! Just have our Reno Locksmith technicians have a gander to determine what the issue is and try to repair it.
Like everything exposed to nature and it’s elements, locks need to be repaired and maintained from as time progresses. The locksmithing industry has, yet, to invent an eternal lock that can stand the trial of time and continuous use. It is essential that you notify an expert locksmith as soon as you sense there might be an issue with your home lock. The faster you contact us, the simpler it will be for us to maintain the lock, rather than having to change it. Many lock malfunctions are caused by minor issues that compound on themselves because homeowners fail to handle them right away.
In some cases, you will have to contact a locksmith immediately, in order to avoid causing any further damage to the lock. For example, if you accidentally break a key off in the lock, contact a locksmith ASAP to help you with your lock repair. Here are some of the reasons you might need your lock repaired and some of the ways an expert locksmith from Locksmith 775 can help you:
- Breaking a Key in the Lock
- Breaking a key off in a lock happens more often then most people would think. It happens for many reasons. One of those reasons could be you might have been applying too much pressure when attempting to open the lock, and this caused the key to bend and break inside the lock mechanism. No matter what the reason is, it is essential that you contact an experienced locksmith to help you repair your lock. Leaving a lock without maintenance for an extended period of time is one of the simplest ways to lessening the security of your residence. Once our Reno locksmith technicians have arrived, they will try to remove the broken key from the lock and proceed to assess the lock to make sure that all of its internal parts remained undamaged when the key broke inside it. To extract a broken key from inside the lock gears, the experienced locksmith will evaluate the nature of the lock to see which techniques they can use. If there is a segment of the broken key sticking out of the lock, then the repair process becomes a lot more straightforward. Our expert will lubricate the lock gears and advance to grip the part that is sticking out so that it can be drawn out. However, in the majority of cases, there is no area of the key sticking out of the lock, so our locksmiths will use a broken key extractor tool. The broken key extractor tool is utilized by catching the piece of the key stuck in the lock and slowly pulling it out. It is essential that the lock is lubricated before this extraction process commences. This will make the process much simpler, and aid in the removal of the broken key. The broken key extractor tool is a necessary part of the lock repair process.
- Deadbolt is Stuck
- If your deadbolt is not functioning the way that you should, it is probably in need of maintenance. Your deadbolt is likely malfunctioning because the internal components are misaligned. The deadbolt might not be working because it is not able to find and fit correctly into the strike plate, or more accurately the throat of the strike plate. If this is the issue, make sure you call an expert locksmith urgently, so that they can assist you. Our expert locksmiths will proceed to try and identify exactly what is causing the deadbolt to malfunction. If the strike plate is not fixed and even with the deadbolt, then the expert will take it off and reorient it to make sure that the deadbolt rests securely within the throat of the strike plate. This is one of the more straightforward lock repair tactics, although it only works when there is an issue with the deadbolt. The locksmith technician can also try to grind a part of the deadbolt down so that it can rest securely within the strike plate.
- Latch is Misaligned
- A universal cause of lock repair for many exterior doors, because natural element stripping is one of the main causes of the latch becoming misaligned. Don’t worry! For our expert locksmith, this situation has a simple fix. Our locksmiths will maneuver the stripping further back on the door frame, saving them time and you cash! Homeowners, sometimes, try very hard to fix these things themselves, not realizing that the solution is so simple. Their efforts, usually, just cause more work and more damage. Give your Reno Locksmith a ring today if you need any assistance with lock repair.