When anyone breaks into your home, whether it’s to burglarize your home, intimidate you, or otherwise, it can be costly to regain your possessions, put your home back together, and regain your sense of security. One sure way to increase your literal and perceived sense of security is to hire a dependable locksmith to upgrade and / or rekey all your door and window locks. Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that locals call for lock changes, lock installation, and lock repair. Our mobile locksmith services are available 24 hours a day and always at affordable prices. We can help you feel safe in your home after a break-in occurs.
Immediate Steps After a Home Break-In
The following post-break-in measures were taken in part and / or inspired by Safewise.com, an independent home security review site.
- Call the police and file a report.
- If you are home when the unauthorized entry occurs, barricade yourself in a secure location, grab a weapon if you are near one, call the police and accurately describe your own appearance so the police can quickly identify who the intruder is and who the homeowner is.
- If you are not home when the unauthorized entry occurs, do not enter your home until police arrive. Do not touch anything in your home until police give you the okay to do so. You do not want to compromise any evidence in the home.
- Call your insurance company.
- Your homeowners or renter’s policy can be used to help you with home repairs and belonging replacement after a break-in. Be sure to call your insurance company within 24 hours after the break-in. Describe what was taken and its value in the best detail you can provide. An adjuster may be dispatched to assess your situation.
- Review any available security footage.
- Should you have any security footage of the break-in, be sure to give the police and your insurance company copies. Reviewing the footage can allow you to assess the mode of entry and potentially what was taken.
- Begin home reorganization and repair.
- Once the police and insurance companies give you the all-clear to begin piecing your home back together, do so ASAP. Board up broken windows until they can be repaired. Restoring your home to its original condition can aid you in returning your life to normal.
- Seek professional counseling if you can’t shake the feeling of danger.
- There is no shame at all in feeling vulnerable and unsafe after a home break-in. Talk therapy is often covered by insurance and can be sought without insurance, too. Caring for yourself is just as important as caring for your residence.
- Upgrade your home security.
- You can inexpensively purchase some burglar deterrents such as motion-sensitive lights, fake security cameras (real can be expensive), and ‘beware of dog’ signs.
- You can invest in a 3rd party monitored home security system for various costs.
- One of the surest ways to increase your home security is to call a trusted Reno locksmith.
How Can a Reno Locksmith Increase My Home’s Security?
You might not think so offhand, but a trusted locksmith can make your home much more secure after a break-in. Taking measures to ensure that your home is difficult to unlawfully enter will not only make you feel safer, it can also increase your home’s value. Capitalize on these locksmith services for increased home security.
- Get high security locks installed: standard locks can be easy to navigate for criminals. High security locks can deter lazy criminals.
- Get an intercom system installed: If you can use an intercom to speak to the criminal outside your home that is attempting unauthorized entry, you can alert the criminal that police are en route and that you are armed (whether or not either of these things are true). Criminals will often abort once they realize that the home is occupied and defensible.
- Get your locks rekeyed: In some cases, intruders will use your own hidden spare key to gain access to your home. If this happens to you, it is critical that you get all locks in your home rekeyed ASAP.
- Get sliding door locks installed: Many people take steps to secure the front and back door to their home, but fail to secure other entry points such as standard windows and sliding doors. Savvy criminals will always seek the easiest point of entry. Don’t make their crime easy.
A home break-in can be a terrifying experience, but you don’t need to endure it alone. Locksmith 775 can help you address the preventative measures above, and we can also help you with burglary repair and damaged locks. Call us for a free locksmith security consultation today.
Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that locals trust with key duplications, 24 hour lockout service, lock installation, and more. Reno locals may have seen the minuteKey kiosks in places such as Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. The automated key maker claims to duplicate keys in one minute with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. When should locals trust a robot with their home security, and when should they trust a professional locksmith?
What Can a Locksmith Do for You That a Kiosk Cannot?
The minuteKey website states that they are headquartered in Boulder, CO. Listen to what the company has to say about their service.
“Copy your home, office or padlock key in a minute. The accuracy of robotics technology put to work in an innovative way makes minuteKEY easy to use, convenient and fast. The kiosk is completely self service and has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.”
The company can refund your money if the duplicate key doesn’t work, but in that scenario, would you really feel satisfied? How can the company give you back your lost time?
At Locksmith 775, we pride ourselves in upholding the highest customer service standards. Our trained locksmith professionals closely examine every key we make to ensure that we don’t waste your time.
If minuteKey is guaranteed to work, why do they give you a phone number to call when it doesn’t work? Instead of leaving your key’s functionality to chance, why not trust a local Nevada business to get the job done right the first time?
Should You Support an Out of State Corporation?
Locksmith 775 respects our customers and we don’t wish to tell them how to spend their money. That said, we contribute to the local northern Nevada economy and we support our community in whatever way we can.
More and more, automation is taking jobs away from hardworking Americans. Why give your money to an out of state corporation that takes jobs away from people when you can support a local business that contributes to our local economy?
Unlike minuteKey, we will never try to upsell you on things you don’t need. What we will do is help you with 24/7 emergency service, digital lock installation, ignition cylinder replacement on your car, and every other locksmithing service Reno could want.
Do you really want to trust your home security to Skynet?
It’s #TBT (Throwback Thursday) and Locksmith 775, your trusted Reno Locksmith, remembers the 2003 film, The Matrix Reloaded. In the film, the intrepid hero, Neo, must locate and liberate a character named the Key Maker. The Key Maker can fabricate a key that will open any lock. Neo needs the Key Maker to help him unlock the door to his destiny. Locksmith 775 has the tools, skill, and knowledge to unlock any annoying locked doors in your life.
The Key Maker in The Matrix Reloaded has some skill, but we bet that our Reno locksmith professionals can give him a run for his money. We hope this video unlocks the door to your destiny (or at least unlocks a smile).
At a critical moment in the film, the Key Maker is quoted as saying, “Another way. Always another way.” We at Locksmith 775, the fastest Reno Locksmith, tend to agree. Some lockouts are trickier than others, and our highly skilled locksmiths will always find another way.
Whether you lost your key to the office, have a broken key in the ignition, or you get locked out of your car, Locksmith 775 can meet you within minutes of your initial call because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside your house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!
Waiting for a contractor or vendor to arrive at your home or office can be a huge pain. I think we all can relate to the anxiety and frustration associated with waiting for the cable company during those extra-long arrival windows. Some Reno locksmiths are not much better when it comes to wait time. A lockout rarely occurs when the property owner has tons of time to wait around. Most lockouts occur at just the wrong moment when our lives are busiest. Locksmith 775, your Reno locksmith, knows how valuable your time is. We take pride in our ability to get one of our Reno locksmiths out to you within 15-25 minutes of your initial call.
What Reno locksmith services does Locksmith 775 provide?
We are highly skilled locksmiths that can help you out with your residential locksmith services, automotive locksmith services, and commercial locksmith services. Please take a look at the many Reno locksmith services we offer below.
- Master Key System Problems Solutions
- Emergency Home Lockout Services
- New Lock Installation
- Re-Key Locks
- High Security Locks Sales & Installation
- Broken Key Extraction
- Garage Door Opening & Repair
- Mail Box Keys & Locks
- Sliding Door Locks Installation
- Car Lockout & Re-Key Services
- Lock change / installation / repair
- 24 Hours emergency locksmith
- Automobile Locksmith Service
- Trunk Lockout
- Ignition Repair / Replacement
- Car Key Replacement
- Ignition keys made
- Car Key Extraction
- Lost Office Keys
- Emergency Office Lockouts
- Key-less Entry Door Locks
- Digital Locks Installation
- Lock Discount Service
- Commercial Lock Repair
- Master Keys
- Buzzer Systems
- Filing Cabinet Locks
The service we provide at Locksmith 775 isn’t just fast. We also provide the highest quality service in the area. We are rated at a full five stars on Yelp. Just listen to what some of our satisfied customers had to say.
Whether you lost your key, have a broken key in the ignition, or you get locked out of your car, Locksmith 775 can meet you within minutes of your initial call because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside your house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!
In the United States, gun theft from legal owners is on the rise and responsible gun owners are looking for better ways to secure their firearms. Locksmith 775 is the locksmith that Reno needs for all your gun safe installations and lockout help.
Is All Gun Safe Technology the Same?
There are a few common types of gun safes. Here is a list of common types.
- Lock and key safe……………………. most vulnerable
- Turn-dial safe…………………………. 2nd most vulnerable
- Electric combination safe……….. 3rd most vulnerable
- Biometric safe………………………… most secure, but also most difficult to troubleshoot
Gun Safe Technical Difficulties
A variety of things can go wrong with your gun safe. Here are just a few of the most common gun safe issues that Locksmith Reno 775 can address:
- Forgot safe combination
- Electric safe internal wiring issues
- Locked key inside safe
- Malfunctioning dial
- Shifted combination number
- Jammed bolts
- Corroded bolts
As a gun owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are properly storing your guns and ammunition. Your compliance with state and federal gun storage laws isn’t just good practice; proper gun storage can save lives. We highly recommend that you learn the local laws that govern your gun storage.
If you have reason to believe that any unauthorized person has gained access to your gun safe, you need a Reno locksmith to re-key or re-code your safe as soon as possible.
Locksmith Reno 775 Coverage Areas
- Locksmith Reno
- Locksmith Sparks
- Locksmith Washoe Valley
- Locksmith Spanish Springs
- Locksmith northern Nevada
We know how frustrating automotive locks can be—especially trying to find a good locksmith in your area to help. Luckily, the Reno community trusts the professionals at Locksmith 775 to handle their locksmith needs.
From locking yourself out of your car to a broken key stuck in your ignition, Locksmith 775 is here to help. We have expertise in many areas including the following:
- Emergency Vehicle Opening
- Car Lockout
- Car Keys Made
- Transponder Keys
- Key Fob
- Remote Start
- Car Rekey
- Ignition Cylinder Replacement
- Duplication of Lost Ignition Keys
- Extraction of Broken Ignition Keys
- Ignition Switch Replacement
- Luxury Automotive Assistance
- Car Key Extraction
- Trunk Unlocking
- Ignition Rekey
- Auto Lockouts
Don’t sacrifice quality and care by turning to a non-expert. Your car deserves top-notch attention to detail and nothing less. Lock-picking should be done by professionals who know your car and how to handle it. Trust us, if you respect your car, your car will respect you.
Our locksmiths are committed to staying up to date with the latest in automotive lock technology. Our savvy locksmith technicians are always ready to take on any issues you are having and are available to help 24/7.
Check out our Yelp reviews from people in the Reno area who have appreciated our automotive locksmith services. At Locksmith 775, we take pride in providing everyone with exceptional customer service. We are just a call away. If you need professional automotive locksmith services, please do not hesitate to contact us today!
Over time, the integrity of your locks will wither, and you are faced with two options: replace the entire lock system or rekey your locks. If you are looking to upgrade the lock’s look or have a damaged lock, replacement is a good choice. But if efficiency and affordability are more important to you, rekeying is the way to go.
How are Locks Rekeyed?
Simply put, the rekeying process consists of replacing the springs and pins in a lock with new ones that are compatible with new keys. With the old lock removed from the handle or door, the locksmith will replicate the grooves and cuts on the new keys with the lock pins. The lock will be replaced, and your new keys will now work.
Luckily, Locksmith 775 provides 24/7 support for rekeying. Our trained locksmith technicians are happy to help rekey your locks for cheap!
Pros of Rekeying
- It is generally a quick process. Lock replacements tend to be very time-intensive, especially if the hardware isn’t easily accessible. The rekeying process requires minimal tools and can sometimes be accomplished on your own.
- You do not need to alter your door. Because all the changes occur inside the lock itself, no damage is left behind on the door or handle.
- It is cheaper than replacing the entire lock. If you are looking to replace a lock for purely aesthetic reasons, you might find it can be costly. If the product must be sourced from somewhere else, you should factor in the shipping and handling costs.
- You can use one key to accommodate every door. Convenience is a major factor in many people’s decisions. By rekeying the locks in your home, you can use the same key to access all of them.
Why Should You Rekey Your Locks?
- You misplaced your key. We can safely assume you don’t want strangers finding it and accessing your home. Rekeying your locks to accommodate a new set of keys prevents this and is a much cheaper and time-friendly alternative to lock replacements.
- You bought a new home. New homes come with lock hardware already installed. If you want to keep the hardware but change the locks, rekeying is a great choice.
- Your home was recently broken into. Rekeying after a recent break in prevents the intruder(s) from ever reentering your home. Of course, replacing the locks is always an option. But for the sake of convenience, we recommend rekeying.
If you are considering rekeying your locks or replacing them completely, it is always a smart idea to get a professional opinion. At Locksmith 775, we always have locksmith technicians standing by to offer their professional advice. Are you looking for an affordable, trusted locksmith company in the Reno-Sparks area? Locksmith 775 is eager to help! Call us today.
A Reno locksmith you can trust and count on is what you’ll find at Locksmith 775. Like everything exposed to nature and it’s elements, locks need to be repaired and maintained from as time progresses. The locksmithing industry has, yet, to invent an eternal lock that can stand the trial of time and continuous use.
It is essential that you notify an expert locksmith as soon as you sense there might be an issue with your home lock. The faster you contact us, the simpler it will be for us to maintain the lock, rather than having to change it.
Many lock malfunctions are caused by minor issues that compound on themselves because homeowners fail to handle them right away. Our locksmith team has seen many broken locks, and we have repaired the majority of them with our expert lock repair services. If the lock is broken beyond repair, then the Locksmith 775 technician will advise you on the recommended course of action and will help you choose the correct replacement lock for your residence.
When you need assistance from a locksmith in Sparks or Reno, we are the most dependable locksmith in Reno. Unlike other locksmiths in Nevada, our team has the thorough training and exceptional skills to complete all tasks, without calling in back-up, and fast, too!