When anyone breaks into your home, whether it’s to burglarize your home, intimidate you, or otherwise, it can be costly to regain your possessions, put your home back together, and regain your sense of security. One sure way to increase your literal and perceived sense of security is to hire a dependable locksmith to upgrade and / or rekey all your door and window locks. Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that locals call for lock changes, lock installation, and lock repair. Our mobile locksmith services are available 24 hours a day and always at affordable prices. We can help you feel safe in your home after a break-in occurs.
Immediate Steps After a Home Break-In
The following post-break-in measures were taken in part and / or inspired by Safewise.com, an independent home security review site.
- Call the police and file a report.
- If you are home when the unauthorized entry occurs, barricade yourself in a secure location, grab a weapon if you are near one, call the police and accurately describe your own appearance so the police can quickly identify who the intruder is and who the homeowner is.
- If you are not home when the unauthorized entry occurs, do not enter your home until police arrive. Do not touch anything in your home until police give you the okay to do so. You do not want to compromise any evidence in the home.
- Call your insurance company.
- Your homeowners or renter’s policy can be used to help you with home repairs and belonging replacement after a break-in. Be sure to call your insurance company within 24 hours after the break-in. Describe what was taken and its value in the best detail you can provide. An adjuster may be dispatched to assess your situation.
- Review any available security footage.
- Should you have any security footage of the break-in, be sure to give the police and your insurance company copies. Reviewing the footage can allow you to assess the mode of entry and potentially what was taken.
- Begin home reorganization and repair.
- Once the police and insurance companies give you the all-clear to begin piecing your home back together, do so ASAP. Board up broken windows until they can be repaired. Restoring your home to its original condition can aid you in returning your life to normal.
- Seek professional counseling if you can’t shake the feeling of danger.
- There is no shame at all in feeling vulnerable and unsafe after a home break-in. Talk therapy is often covered by insurance and can be sought without insurance, too. Caring for yourself is just as important as caring for your residence.
- Upgrade your home security.
- You can inexpensively purchase some burglar deterrents such as motion-sensitive lights, fake security cameras (real can be expensive), and ‘beware of dog’ signs.
- You can invest in a 3rd party monitored home security system for various costs.
- One of the surest ways to increase your home security is to call a trusted Reno locksmith.
How Can a Reno Locksmith Increase My Home’s Security?
You might not think so offhand, but a trusted locksmith can make your home much more secure after a break-in. Taking measures to ensure that your home is difficult to unlawfully enter will not only make you feel safer, it can also increase your home’s value. Capitalize on these locksmith services for increased home security.
- Get high security locks installed: standard locks can be easy to navigate for criminals. High security locks can deter lazy criminals.
- Get an intercom system installed: If you can use an intercom to speak to the criminal outside your home that is attempting unauthorized entry, you can alert the criminal that police are en route and that you are armed (whether or not either of these things are true). Criminals will often abort once they realize that the home is occupied and defensible.
- Get your locks rekeyed: In some cases, intruders will use your own hidden spare key to gain access to your home. If this happens to you, it is critical that you get all locks in your home rekeyed ASAP.
- Get sliding door locks installed: Many people take steps to secure the front and back door to their home, but fail to secure other entry points such as standard windows and sliding doors. Savvy criminals will always seek the easiest point of entry. Don’t make their crime easy.
A home break-in can be a terrifying experience, but you don’t need to endure it alone. Locksmith 775 can help you address the preventative measures above, and we can also help you with burglary repair and damaged locks. Call us for a free locksmith security consultation today.
Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that locals trust with key duplications, 24 hour lockout service, lock installation, and more. Reno locals may have seen the minuteKey kiosks in places such as Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. The automated key maker claims to duplicate keys in one minute with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. When should locals trust a robot with their home security, and when should they trust a professional locksmith?
What Can a Locksmith Do for You That a Kiosk Cannot?
The minuteKey website states that they are headquartered in Boulder, CO. Listen to what the company has to say about their service.
“Copy your home, office or padlock key in a minute. The accuracy of robotics technology put to work in an innovative way makes minuteKEY easy to use, convenient and fast. The kiosk is completely self service and has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.”
The company can refund your money if the duplicate key doesn’t work, but in that scenario, would you really feel satisfied? How can the company give you back your lost time?
At Locksmith 775, we pride ourselves in upholding the highest customer service standards. Our trained locksmith professionals closely examine every key we make to ensure that we don’t waste your time.
If minuteKey is guaranteed to work, why do they give you a phone number to call when it doesn’t work? Instead of leaving your key’s functionality to chance, why not trust a local Nevada business to get the job done right the first time?
Should You Support an Out of State Corporation?
Locksmith 775 respects our customers and we don’t wish to tell them how to spend their money. That said, we contribute to the local northern Nevada economy and we support our community in whatever way we can.
More and more, automation is taking jobs away from hardworking Americans. Why give your money to an out of state corporation that takes jobs away from people when you can support a local business that contributes to our local economy?
Unlike minuteKey, we will never try to upsell you on things you don’t need. What we will do is help you with 24/7 emergency service, digital lock installation, ignition cylinder replacement on your car, and every other locksmithing service Reno could want.
Do you really want to trust your home security to Skynet?
It’s #TBT (Throwback Thursday) and Locksmith 775, your trusted Reno Locksmith, remembers the 2003 film, The Matrix Reloaded. In the film, the intrepid hero, Neo, must locate and liberate a character named the Key Maker. The Key Maker can fabricate a key that will open any lock. Neo needs the Key Maker to help him unlock the door to his destiny. Locksmith 775 has the tools, skill, and knowledge to unlock any annoying locked doors in your life.
The Key Maker in The Matrix Reloaded has some skill, but we bet that our Reno locksmith professionals can give him a run for his money. We hope this video unlocks the door to your destiny (or at least unlocks a smile).
At a critical moment in the film, the Key Maker is quoted as saying, “Another way. Always another way.” We at Locksmith 775, the fastest Reno Locksmith, tend to agree. Some lockouts are trickier than others, and our highly skilled locksmiths will always find another way.
Whether you lost your key to the office, have a broken key in the ignition, or you get locked out of your car, Locksmith 775 can meet you within minutes of your initial call because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside your house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!
Over time, the integrity of your locks will wither, and you are faced with two options: replace the entire lock system or rekey your locks. If you are looking to upgrade the lock’s look or have a damaged lock, replacement is a good choice. But if efficiency and affordability are more important to you, rekeying is the way to go.
How are Locks Rekeyed?
Simply put, the rekeying process consists of replacing the springs and pins in a lock with new ones that are compatible with new keys. With the old lock removed from the handle or door, the locksmith will replicate the grooves and cuts on the new keys with the lock pins. The lock will be replaced, and your new keys will now work.
Luckily, Locksmith 775 provides 24/7 support for rekeying. Our trained locksmith technicians are happy to help rekey your locks for cheap!
Pros of Rekeying
- It is generally a quick process. Lock replacements tend to be very time-intensive, especially if the hardware isn’t easily accessible. The rekeying process requires minimal tools and can sometimes be accomplished on your own.
- You do not need to alter your door. Because all the changes occur inside the lock itself, no damage is left behind on the door or handle.
- It is cheaper than replacing the entire lock. If you are looking to replace a lock for purely aesthetic reasons, you might find it can be costly. If the product must be sourced from somewhere else, you should factor in the shipping and handling costs.
- You can use one key to accommodate every door. Convenience is a major factor in many people’s decisions. By rekeying the locks in your home, you can use the same key to access all of them.
Why Should You Rekey Your Locks?
- You misplaced your key. We can safely assume you don’t want strangers finding it and accessing your home. Rekeying your locks to accommodate a new set of keys prevents this and is a much cheaper and time-friendly alternative to lock replacements.
- You bought a new home. New homes come with lock hardware already installed. If you want to keep the hardware but change the locks, rekeying is a great choice.
- Your home was recently broken into. Rekeying after a recent break in prevents the intruder(s) from ever reentering your home. Of course, replacing the locks is always an option. But for the sake of convenience, we recommend rekeying.
If you are considering rekeying your locks or replacing them completely, it is always a smart idea to get a professional opinion. At Locksmith 775, we always have locksmith technicians standing by to offer their professional advice. Are you looking for an affordable, trusted locksmith company in the Reno-Sparks area? Locksmith 775 is eager to help! Call us today.
Having issues with your locks? Reno Locksmiths 775 can rekey your locks for cheap. It’s important to remember to first, never panic, because Locksmith 775 is here. We can rekey locks in Reno cheap, that’s we’re so popular! Of course just because we don’t charge like the other guys, doesn’t mean our work isn’t professional. Our Locksmith Company is trained in the latest technology and will treat you, your home, and your vehicle with the respect and attention you deserve.
No matter what kind of lock you need rekeyed, Reno Locksmith 775 can help you get it done. Are you worried about security at your business, or home office? Did you lose a set of keys? We can rekey your home office and car, 24/7. With the advances in automotive security as of late, car key replacement can become expensive and time-consuming. By partnering with Reno locksmith 775 experts, key programming can be achieved on the spot! No towing required and no need to turn to the dealership, which is likely to be a more expensive route. The most important time to rekey your house, by the way, is if you are a new homeowner, believe it or not! There’s no telling who has a copy of your key – from home inspectors to contractors and real estate agents – when you’ve finalized the purchase of your new home, call a trusted locksmith like Reno Locksmith 775 to rekey the locks in your home.
Our well-trained technicians stay continuously updated and have your interests at heart. Locksmiths 775 is ready and willing to solve all of your locksmithing needs day and night. We know emergencies can occur at any time. That is why our emergency locksmith services in Reno NV will ensure the quickest response time, the best price, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed. While there are many reasons you may need to rekey your home or automobile, there’s no reason not to call us to help.