When anyone breaks into your home, whether it’s to burglarize your home, intimidate you, or otherwise, it can be costly to regain your possessions, put your home back together, and regain your sense of security. One sure way to increase your literal and perceived sense of security is to hire a dependable locksmith to upgrade and / or rekey all your door and window locks. Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that locals call for lock changes, lock installation, and lock repair. Our mobile locksmith services are available 24 hours a day and always at affordable prices. We can help you feel safe in your home after a break-in occurs.
Immediate Steps After a Home Break-In
The following post-break-in measures were taken in part and / or inspired by Safewise.com, an independent home security review site.
- Call the police and file a report.
- If you are home when the unauthorized entry occurs, barricade yourself in a secure location, grab a weapon if you are near one, call the police and accurately describe your own appearance so the police can quickly identify who the intruder is and who the homeowner is.
- If you are not home when the unauthorized entry occurs, do not enter your home until police arrive. Do not touch anything in your home until police give you the okay to do so. You do not want to compromise any evidence in the home.
- Call your insurance company.
- Your homeowners or renter’s policy can be used to help you with home repairs and belonging replacement after a break-in. Be sure to call your insurance company within 24 hours after the break-in. Describe what was taken and its value in the best detail you can provide. An adjuster may be dispatched to assess your situation.
- Review any available security footage.
- Should you have any security footage of the break-in, be sure to give the police and your insurance company copies. Reviewing the footage can allow you to assess the mode of entry and potentially what was taken.
- Begin home reorganization and repair.
- Once the police and insurance companies give you the all-clear to begin piecing your home back together, do so ASAP. Board up broken windows until they can be repaired. Restoring your home to its original condition can aid you in returning your life to normal.
- Seek professional counseling if you can’t shake the feeling of danger.
- There is no shame at all in feeling vulnerable and unsafe after a home break-in. Talk therapy is often covered by insurance and can be sought without insurance, too. Caring for yourself is just as important as caring for your residence.
- Upgrade your home security.
- You can inexpensively purchase some burglar deterrents such as motion-sensitive lights, fake security cameras (real can be expensive), and ‘beware of dog’ signs.
- You can invest in a 3rd party monitored home security system for various costs.
- One of the surest ways to increase your home security is to call a trusted Reno locksmith.
How Can a Reno Locksmith Increase My Home’s Security?
You might not think so offhand, but a trusted locksmith can make your home much more secure after a break-in. Taking measures to ensure that your home is difficult to unlawfully enter will not only make you feel safer, it can also increase your home’s value. Capitalize on these locksmith services for increased home security.
- Get high security locks installed: standard locks can be easy to navigate for criminals. High security locks can deter lazy criminals.
- Get an intercom system installed: If you can use an intercom to speak to the criminal outside your home that is attempting unauthorized entry, you can alert the criminal that police are en route and that you are armed (whether or not either of these things are true). Criminals will often abort once they realize that the home is occupied and defensible.
- Get your locks rekeyed: In some cases, intruders will use your own hidden spare key to gain access to your home. If this happens to you, it is critical that you get all locks in your home rekeyed ASAP.
- Get sliding door locks installed: Many people take steps to secure the front and back door to their home, but fail to secure other entry points such as standard windows and sliding doors. Savvy criminals will always seek the easiest point of entry. Don’t make their crime easy.
A home break-in can be a terrifying experience, but you don’t need to endure it alone. Locksmith 775 can help you address the preventative measures above, and we can also help you with burglary repair and damaged locks. Call us for a free locksmith security consultation today.
Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that locals trust with key duplications, 24 hour lockout service, lock installation, and more. Reno locals may have seen the minuteKey kiosks in places such as Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. The automated key maker claims to duplicate keys in one minute with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. When should locals trust a robot with their home security, and when should they trust a professional locksmith?
What Can a Locksmith Do for You That a Kiosk Cannot?
The minuteKey website states that they are headquartered in Boulder, CO. Listen to what the company has to say about their service.
“Copy your home, office or padlock key in a minute. The accuracy of robotics technology put to work in an innovative way makes minuteKEY easy to use, convenient and fast. The kiosk is completely self service and has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.”
The company can refund your money if the duplicate key doesn’t work, but in that scenario, would you really feel satisfied? How can the company give you back your lost time?
At Locksmith 775, we pride ourselves in upholding the highest customer service standards. Our trained locksmith professionals closely examine every key we make to ensure that we don’t waste your time.
If minuteKey is guaranteed to work, why do they give you a phone number to call when it doesn’t work? Instead of leaving your key’s functionality to chance, why not trust a local Nevada business to get the job done right the first time?
Should You Support an Out of State Corporation?
Locksmith 775 respects our customers and we don’t wish to tell them how to spend their money. That said, we contribute to the local northern Nevada economy and we support our community in whatever way we can.
More and more, automation is taking jobs away from hardworking Americans. Why give your money to an out of state corporation that takes jobs away from people when you can support a local business that contributes to our local economy?
Unlike minuteKey, we will never try to upsell you on things you don’t need. What we will do is help you with 24/7 emergency service, digital lock installation, ignition cylinder replacement on your car, and every other locksmithing service Reno could want.
Do you really want to trust your home security to Skynet?
Locksmith 775 is the Reno locksmith that the Reno Sparks area calls when they need access to their locked vehicles quickly. Our automotive locksmiths can open your locked car in as little as 25 minutes of your initial call. In the age of YouTube and DIY tutorials galore, it’s fair to ask yourself, can I pick my own car lock? After all, car thieves in movies seem to have the ability to break into cars without damaging them in just seconds. In this article, we’ll weigh the pros and cons of picking your own car lock, which tools you might be inclined to use, and whether or not it’s worth the trouble to pursue the DIY route.
Can I Pick My Own Car Lock?
The short answer is: probably not. In all reality, the likelihood of you being able to pick the lock on your car without the necessary skills and knowledge is slim to none. Professional locksmiths study the trade and enter apprenticeship programs for months, if not years, before they are proficient at gaining access to locked vehicles. If you wish to go to locksmith school or study under a master northern Nevada locksmith, you can definitely learn how to gain access to your locked car. Do you need access to your car NOW or can you wait to acquire the skills and knowledge yourself?
YouTube Said I Can Use a Slim Jim.
Persistent do-it-yourselfers will be tempted to browse the internet for methods to gain access to locked vehicles. Fictitious criminals, detectives, and spies often use what are called “slim jims” to open locked cars without damaging them. The key phrasing is, “without damaging them”. It’s relatively inexpensive to call a 24 hour locksmith. Trust us, it’ll cost more than you want if you damage your car while trying to gain access.
Even if you are able to acquire a slim jim, are you aware of the different configurations of locking mechanisms in different makes and models of vehicles?
Locksmith 775 is.
Do you know how to use a slim jim without scratching your windows?
Locksmith 775 does.
Can you disengage the security alarm after the car is opened?
You better believe that Locksmith 775 can.
There is no need to get your locked car towed to the nearest dealership. Our locksmithing services reach far and wide. Whether you need your ignition key replaced or your immobilizer key seems to be acting weird, our team of professionals can help you faster than any other company in Reno. Not only can we help you quickly, but we can also give you the peace of mind that we will open your locked car without damaging it.
Just ask our loyal customers that give us five stars on Yelp.
Quickly forget the frustration of your lockout by calling us at us at 775-203-5750. In as little as 25 minutes, we’ll get you inside your vehicle and back to doing what you love.
It’s #TBT (Throwback Thursday) and Locksmith 775, your trusted Reno Locksmith, remembers the 2003 film, The Matrix Reloaded. In the film, the intrepid hero, Neo, must locate and liberate a character named the Key Maker. The Key Maker can fabricate a key that will open any lock. Neo needs the Key Maker to help him unlock the door to his destiny. Locksmith 775 has the tools, skill, and knowledge to unlock any annoying locked doors in your life.
The Key Maker in The Matrix Reloaded has some skill, but we bet that our Reno locksmith professionals can give him a run for his money. We hope this video unlocks the door to your destiny (or at least unlocks a smile).
At a critical moment in the film, the Key Maker is quoted as saying, “Another way. Always another way.” We at Locksmith 775, the fastest Reno Locksmith, tend to agree. Some lockouts are trickier than others, and our highly skilled locksmiths will always find another way.
Whether you lost your key to the office, have a broken key in the ignition, or you get locked out of your car, Locksmith 775 can meet you within minutes of your initial call because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside your house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!
Waiting for a contractor or vendor to arrive at your home or office can be a huge pain. I think we all can relate to the anxiety and frustration associated with waiting for the cable company during those extra-long arrival windows. Some Reno locksmiths are not much better when it comes to wait time. A lockout rarely occurs when the property owner has tons of time to wait around. Most lockouts occur at just the wrong moment when our lives are busiest. Locksmith 775, your Reno locksmith, knows how valuable your time is. We take pride in our ability to get one of our Reno locksmiths out to you within 15-25 minutes of your initial call.
What Reno locksmith services does Locksmith 775 provide?
We are highly skilled locksmiths that can help you out with your residential locksmith services, automotive locksmith services, and commercial locksmith services. Please take a look at the many Reno locksmith services we offer below.
- Master Key System Problems Solutions
- Emergency Home Lockout Services
- New Lock Installation
- Re-Key Locks
- High Security Locks Sales & Installation
- Broken Key Extraction
- Garage Door Opening & Repair
- Mail Box Keys & Locks
- Sliding Door Locks Installation
- Car Lockout & Re-Key Services
- Lock change / installation / repair
- 24 Hours emergency locksmith
- Automobile Locksmith Service
- Trunk Lockout
- Ignition Repair / Replacement
- Car Key Replacement
- Ignition keys made
- Car Key Extraction
- Lost Office Keys
- Emergency Office Lockouts
- Key-less Entry Door Locks
- Digital Locks Installation
- Lock Discount Service
- Commercial Lock Repair
- Master Keys
- Buzzer Systems
- Filing Cabinet Locks
The service we provide at Locksmith 775 isn’t just fast. We also provide the highest quality service in the area. We are rated at a full five stars on Yelp. Just listen to what some of our satisfied customers had to say.
Whether you lost your key, have a broken key in the ignition, or you get locked out of your car, Locksmith 775 can meet you within minutes of your initial call because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside your house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!
Many of us will sacrifice safety in exchange for convenience when it comes to storing a spare house key on our property. Rather than choosing to keep our homes safest by abstaining from hiding a spare key, we delude ourselves into thinking that we can hide a key from a home intruder while also making the key easily accessible to ourselves and our families. We at Locksmith 775, your Reno locksmith of choice, advise you to not to fall into this trap and subsequently put your family in danger.
Not-So-Secrete Hide-A-Key Locations
You might think that you can dupe a home intruder from finding your hidden spare house key, but home intruders can be crafty. A skilled home intruder may “case” your house prior to attempting a break-in. This covert reconnaissance allows the intruder to take notes on your typical comings and goings. A lucky intruder may see you accessing your top secret spare key hiding spot, unbeknownst to you. Home intruders will generally attempt to access your home the easiest way possible, and preferably without you at home.
The following ‘secret’ spare key hiding locations are the first places home intruders will look. DO NOT hide your keys in these locations.
- Under the doormat
- Within a ‘fake rock’
- Your wallet
- On top of your door frame
- Beneath your potted plant
- Anywhere that says ‘KEEP OUT’
What Should I Do Instead of Hiding My Spare?
Locksmith 775, your go-to Reno locksmith, knows that it is especially tempting to hide your spare house key somewhere on your property. The surest way to keep you and yours safe, though, is to abstain from hiding the key in the first place.
Abstaining from hiding your spare house key doesn’t need to be inconvenient during a lockout scenario. The pros at Locksmith 775 can arrive at your property within 15-25 minutes of your call.
Instead of leaving your belongings and loved ones vulnerable to home intrusion, make the safe choice and call the fastest Reno locksmith in the area, Locksmith 775. We are available 24/7. Contact us today!
In the United States, gun theft from legal owners is on the rise and responsible gun owners are looking for better ways to secure their firearms. Locksmith 775 is the locksmith that Reno needs for all your gun safe installations and lockout help.
Is All Gun Safe Technology the Same?
There are a few common types of gun safes. Here is a list of common types.
- Lock and key safe……………………. most vulnerable
- Turn-dial safe…………………………. 2nd most vulnerable
- Electric combination safe……….. 3rd most vulnerable
- Biometric safe………………………… most secure, but also most difficult to troubleshoot
Gun Safe Technical Difficulties
A variety of things can go wrong with your gun safe. Here are just a few of the most common gun safe issues that Locksmith Reno 775 can address:
- Forgot safe combination
- Electric safe internal wiring issues
- Locked key inside safe
- Malfunctioning dial
- Shifted combination number
- Jammed bolts
- Corroded bolts
As a gun owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are properly storing your guns and ammunition. Your compliance with state and federal gun storage laws isn’t just good practice; proper gun storage can save lives. We highly recommend that you learn the local laws that govern your gun storage.
If you have reason to believe that any unauthorized person has gained access to your gun safe, you need a Reno locksmith to re-key or re-code your safe as soon as possible.
Locksmith Reno 775 Coverage Areas
- Locksmith Reno
- Locksmith Sparks
- Locksmith Washoe Valley
- Locksmith Spanish Springs
- Locksmith northern Nevada
We’ve all heard about transponders and know they’re related to our car keys, but what is a transponder key exactly?
- A transponder receives a radio signal from your car’s computer when you insert and turn your key in the ignition; the transponder then responds to the computer with a valid code authorizing system start
- The transponder generally lives in the plastic head of the key
- Your car’s computer energizes the transponder via radio signal – no battery required!
- Transponder keys function as car immobilizers
- Transponder keys deter car theft by preventing system start without the correct transponder signal; in other words, transponder keys prevent car theft via “hot wiring”
- Car alarm triggers when the wrong transponder key or signal attempts to access the car
- Malfunction via water-logging
- Relay hacking
- Accidental transponder reprogramming
Find all your commercial, residential, and automotive locksmith needs at northern Nevada’s best locksmith company – Locksmith 775. We are highly trained to carry out car lockout solutions including lock picking, transponder key programming, ignition key replacement, and more!
Whether you lost your key, have a broken key in the ignition, or get locked out of car, Reno Locksmith 775 can be at your service within minutes because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside the house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call. Contact us today!
Whether you’re locked out of your home or car, Locksmith 775 is your ideal first call.
We can solve any car lockout or let you inside the house or apartment within 25 minutes of your initial call.
Locksmith 775 knows how it feels to be stranded outside of your car and what a very difficult situation it is to be in, especially at a late hour! Our 24/7 Reno and Sparks mobile services are ideal for any automobile, business, or residential locksmith need. Once you get off the phone with a professional on our dispatch team we can get a technician to your location in just 15-25 minutes, we promise! Getting locked out of your car in Reno shouldn’t take hours resolve, we wholeheartedly believe that. We’ve been in situations where a simple car lockout in Reno took 3 hours after everything was said and done, and no one has time for that, especially in that situation!
Our team at Locksmith 775 are highly trained auto locksmiths who can effectively carry out car lockout solutions including lock picking, transponder key programming, ignition key replacement, and more! Whether you have lost keys, have a broken key in the ignition, or are locked out of car, Reno Locksmith 775 can be at your service within minutes because we understand the importance of a fast response time.
At Reno Locksmith 775 we have the skills and knowledge to perform lock picking, extract a broken ignition key, open trunk, replace an immobilizer key, chip key, transponder key, and more! You can trust that your vehicle is in expert and reliable hands! We also pride ourselves on excellent customer service, immediate response time and our ability to give you fast service at a fair price.
Hasseling with locks is a pain, but changing your locks just got easier with Reno Locksmith 775.
Locksmith775 is a customer focused professional locksmith service in Reno.
Whether it’s time to rekey your home, rekey the locks in your car, or change all the locks on your home or small business altogether, call Reno Locksmith 775. Our technicians are qualified with the best lock systems for the safety needs of an office building, retail establishment, school, warehouses, and more. When choosing a locksmith repair service in Reno, it is important to ensure that you are choosing a trusted and certified locksmith. Changing your locks is an important job, and if you can’t trust the service provider you’ve enlisted, you may be getting more than you bargained for, and not in a good way.
If there is any question that someone may have a copy of your key – you need to change your locks. The most common request for lock changes is for new homeowners. When you are in the process of purchasing a home or selling a home for that matter, there are many people that have access to the home in question. There are inspectors, real estate agents, contractors, inspectors, and prospective buyers that are walking through your home very often. Whether maliciously or not, copies of the keys to your locks were probably made, leaving you vulnerable to break-in or to unwanted visitors.
Changing Your Locks
If you’re looking for someone to change locks in Reno, call Locksmith 775. Our locksmith company in the Reno area offers the highest quality door locks, master key systems, panic bars and all other security products for your office, storefront, or residence.
Locksmith 775 can perform all of the below services and more to meet your emergency!
- Emergency Vehicle Opening
- Car Lockout
- Car Keys Made
- Transponder Keys
- Key Fob
- Remote Start
- Car Rekey
- Ignition Cylinder Replacement
- Duplication of Lost Ignition Keys
- Extraction of Broken Ignition Keys
- Ignition Switch Replacement
- Luxury Automotive Assistance